Teeth grinding is the involuntary clenching, grinding and gnashing of the teeth. This generally occurs while the person is asleep, but is also known to happen whilst awake. Grinding of teeth can be a physical expression of stress.
- Headaches or pain in the jaw
- Grinding sounds while the person is sleeping
- Aching and stiffness in the jaw area
- Habitual clenching of the jaw
- Chipped teeth
- Cheek biting or teeth marks on the tongue
- Sensitive teeth
Left untreated, grinding can lead to broken teeth and cause jaw joint dysfunction (TMD).
If you are experiencing these symptoms, please book an appointment to discuss further on 0433 898 898.